Visit Stache



Fashion & Beauty - Top Blogs Philippines
 

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Romantique

This is one of my favorite button down. It's actually micro plaids of red but from afar it looks pink. It's totally rare for a guy to wear this kind of shade especially pairing it with the same shade of shoes like my flats "espadrille-like". And people just couldn't help but to look at me from head to toe. My shoes are total eye catcher. I blended the tone with my olive green tank instead of leaving it closed, so that it wouldn't look boring with just "pink" "white" palette.
Well yeah I look so feminine with this look, but hey I love it! Because prompts my soft features, making me look way too young and sweet! Seeing magazines with different types of clothing, I usually can't help but adore Romantic genre against the the glam rocks, boho streets, indie rockers, sporty blah blaaahh. Just classic, simple yet attractive boy/girl next door look. For me it defines a sweet, hopeless romantic person with that genre. You know, dropping by somewhere and "accidentally" bumping into that someone with a special stare full of spark. And so the story goes on and on.. (Spare my imagination. -_-)

Anyways I've read a blog about entitled Manliness and The Pink Slip of the Tongue talking about Korean men wearing pink and the perception about some Neanderthals discussing reasons why Korean men are not “real men.” “Korean guys are not real men,” the Neanderthal said, “because they wear tight jeans and pink shirts.” It's just a shame to know that Neanderthals are considered to be Americans coming from the era they lived. The equal perception for both is that "Not every man is willing to blindly follow the fashion trends of Gentleman’s Quarterly or Esquire, let alone Details, Maxim or other “real men’s” magazines." Part of this point is that it is a huge suck to see dress code of "real men" for boy bands and pop stars. In the beginning as per researched, despite the contemporary views of connoting pink with Hello Kitty toys and other girly stuffs, Pink is originally men's color.


"In the 1920s someone decided to assign colors to the sexuality of babies. If the baby was a boy, pink was thought to be an appropriate color, as it was related to red, a truly masculine color. The cherry red sports car is the fantasy of many men, and it is thought to be a color of power, action, and passion. Blue was for girls, as it was a color associated with the Virgin Mary. It took a few years for blue to become the color for boys and pink the color for girls. Today a man has to be very comfortable with his masculinity to wear pink. It takes a brave man to wear pink without a care in the world about what other people think of his choice."

Hence, for me it's fair in mind to think that if I'll be crossing Western sides and some Americans would think that it is so gay, I would just definitely give a look and think that they're nothing but fat Americans who needs to stop eating Western foods. lol. Well I admit until now I have the "I don't care" stare for people with indifference. lol
Peg poses: Walking downtown
I was so lucky to have these extremely comfy shoes from SM Dept. store in low price! I wear them often!

I bought this button down in Top and Bottom at Market Market when I went for a shop galore last year (Yeah, but I only got to post it now and I wore it several times already! Fave!).
Belt, thrifted, 168 | transparent beads, Quiapo | Pink bands, Thrifted | White web suede, Oxygen | Stud ring, Human 
Wayfarer, FLY Eyewear and oh I've been loving this bag! Salvatore Mann >.<
 





I also see myself traveling with this outfit as well. Walking the roads of Paris looking very sweet, romantic as effortless Parisian cool that the city is known for. Cool right?
Inspiration girl version:
Hype this look here

4 comments to “Romantique”

  • January 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    love yap says:

    i so love this look zirjaye. i dont know why but it makes me 'sigh' :)

  • January 17, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    Zirjaye S. says:

    Aww.. :') Thanks Loveee!!!!

  • January 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

    you look great! ang fresh lang tingnan. =) i think guys in pink are hot! haha.. to each his own nga naman di ba. people should mind their business.

    i'm jed btw, i'm your new follower. ^_^




    jed
    I Am Dollparts

  • January 29, 2012 at 12:41 AM
    Zirjaye S. says:

    @Jed Thanks dear I only got to reply now bec unfortunately blogger is blocked at office. XD

Post a Comment